Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Monday, October 15, 2012

the Kindness Bag

I love naming bags and this one is no exception. I wanted a pattern that would allow me to give back to my community. So 10% of all proceeds, right off the top, not my cost, are donated to the Victory House and Hope House for troubled teens.
 This is such a fun pattern and was inspired by a trip I took last January to Las Vegas. My sister absolutely fell in love with a bag which I believe was Chanel. It was many hundreds of dollars.
the purse my sister fell in love with
So the likeness is not bad, right? I added a zippered inside pocket and a chain handle. The larger size makes a nice smallish messenger bag. The small size is 8" x 10" and the large is 10" x 13".
 Thank you to my pattern tester Christy Acheson who did a fabulous job making the bag. Do you see her piping? You choose the skill level on this bag by whether or not you add the piping. With piping, the bag is intermediate level and without it is advanced beginner. The pink bag in the cover photo is without piping. Either way, there are detailed instructions to get you to your finished purse!
 Emilie had a lot of fun modeling for me. Boy was I leery of that lipstick next to a white purse!

 So this is the Kindness Bag. I hope you love it as much as I do. For a limited time, you can order it at $2 off per pattern. It is already priced down in my Etsy shop. The paper pattern is just $8 and the e-pattern is just $6! Shops, you can get in on this savings too. Just e-mail me a copy of your resale license and I will send you a code to use in my Etsy shop for wholesale pricing.

Love,
xoxo
Related Posts with Thumbnails